Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let me back up a little!

The night before we left on our journey to Florida we watched the Alabama Auburn game with our awesome game day friends! They helped us out so much after the game was over, Matt cooked some really good hamburgers and chicken, and Danny and Michael helped organize the truck, Alan and Grubbs and Brett and Martin and Mike loaded the moving van for us.  Kay and my mom helped pack up the kids rooms.  Thanks everyone for all the help, if I left someone out I am sorry, oh Amanda you did a great job coaching everyone along.  And Tony, cant leave him out, finally gets to come watch a game with us and he gets thrown into doing work! I am so glad Jenny and her sweet kids got to come play one last night before the move.

Emma's birthday was Sunday and in a very empty kitchen everybody gathered around her to sing happy birthday, I think that will be one I won't forget!

So on Saturday my brothers and my parents came to tell us goodbye, but my grandmother (Mamaw) called and wanted to come by really quick and say goodbye and give the kids a little present (all three got a snow white pez, she promised Allen she would get him a boy one, she just couldn't find one that day).  We still had some moving to do so she sat and watched us, and decided at the literal last minute she wanted to go with us! I was shocked! She had nothing, no make up or anything, she remembered she put some clothes in the back of her car to take to Hannah Home and got them out and loaded the car and we headed south. 
It was really good having her with me, she helped me with the girls while I drove.  When we got to Plant City, she was a trooper, I would have thought she would be worn out but she was helping out as much as she could.  The next day she helped all day, or actually all week folding clothes and helping me organize the house and where to put certain decorations.  She is so good at that, the girls room looks so cute and everything she else she suggested I do was perfect! We spent the whole week at the house, she would watch Walker Texas Ranger, which she got the girls to love.  Wheel of Fortune and Hallmark Christmas movies.  I can't wait for her to come back, she was such a comfort having down here with us, not knowing anyone it was good to know I had some company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to gibbs music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones